The Safety Policy of Mom 2 Mom Consignment, LLC is designed to comply with the Standards of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and to endeavor to maintain a safe and injury/illness free workplace. A copy of the OSHA Safety and Health Standards 1926 and 1910 are available for all employees to use and reference. These Standards shall be available in the home office at all times and will be sent to the jobsite on request.
Compliance with the following Safety Policy and all items contained therein is mandatory for all employees of the company. The authorization and responsibility for enforcement has been given primarily to Ashley Woods and Stasia Lane. The manager’s share in this responsibility as well.
It is company policy that accident prevention be a prime concern of all employees. This includes the safety and well being of our employees, subcontractors and customers, as well as the prevention of wasteful, inefficient operations, and damage to property and equipment.
This Safety Policy applies to all employees of, Mom 2 Mom Consignment, LLC regardless of position within the company. The Safety Rules contained herein apply to all subcontractors and anyone who is on a company project site.
Every employee is expected to comply with the Safety Policy, as well as OSHA Health and Safety Standards.
This Safety Policy supports four fundamental means of maximum employee involvement:
- Management commitment to safety.
- Effective job safety training for all categories of employees.
- Job hazard analysis provided to all employees.
- Safety presentations given at orientations by Ashley Woods, Stasia Lane, or a manager .
The Responsible Persons will meet at least once a week during a sale event to evaluate all areas of safety and make recommendations to the owners.
The Safety Policy will be carried out according to guidelines established and published in this and other related materials and trainings. Specific instructions and assistance will be provided by an owner or manager as requested. Each manager will be responsible for meeting all of the requirements of the Safety Policy, and for maintaining an effective accident prevention effort within his or her area of responsibility. Each manager must also ensure that all accidents are thoroughly investigated and reported to Ashely Woods and Stasia Lane on the same day of the occurrence.
REPORTING OF INJURIES
All employees will be held accountable for filling out a Notice of Injury Form” immediately after an injury occurs, even if medical treatment is not required. (Notice must be made at or near the time of the injury and on the same day of the injury.) Employees must report the injury to their manager.. A casual mentioning of the injury will not be sufficient. Employees must let their manager know:
How they think they hurt themselves.
What they were doing at the time.
Who they were working with at the time.
When and where it happened.
Other pertinent information that will aid in the investigation of the incident.
Failure to report an injury immediately (meaning at or near the time of the injury and on the same day of the injury) is a violation of the Safety Policy, and they may result in immediate termination, in accordance with company policy.
In Case of Serious Injury or Death
After the injured has been taken to the hospital, the manager shall notify Ashley Woods and/or Stasia Lane as soon as possible. Statements from witnesses shall be taken. Statements are to be signed by witnesses and should include the time and date. Photographs of the area where the incident occurred and any other relevant items are to be taken by a manager and will assist in the investigation. The completed accident report form will be sent to Ashley Woods and/or Stasia Lane.
In Case of Inspection by OSHA Inspector
The manager will notify Ashley Woods and/or Stasia Lane that an OSHA Inspector is on the jobsite. It is the responsibility of all employees to make the inspector(s) visit on the jobsite as pleasant and timely as possible.
BASIC SAFETY RULES
- Compliance with applicable federal, state, county, city, client, and company safety rules and regulations is a condition of employment.
- All injuries, regardless of how minor, must be reported to your manager immediately. An employee who fails to fill out a “Notice Of Injury Form” and give it to a manager or owner will be terminated immediately.
- Clothing must provide adequate protection to the body..
- Alcohol or illegal drugs are not allowed on the jobsite. The use or possession of illegal drugs or alcohol on the jobsite will result in immediate termination.
- Housekeeping shall be an integral part of every job. Managers and employees are responsible for keeping their work areas clean and hazard-free. Clean up is required throughout and at the end of the day.
- All extension cords, drop cords and tools shall be checked before use.
- “Horseplay” on the jobsite is strictly prohibited. Running on the jobsite is allowed only in extreme emergencies.
- Glass containers or bottles of any kind are not permitted on the jobsite.
ENFORCEMENT OF SAFETY POLICY
Safety violation notice(s) shall be issued to any employee, subcontractor, or anyone on the jobsite violating the safety rules or regulations by an owner or manager..
Any violation of safety rules can result in or immediate termination.
Any employee receiving two (2) written general violations within a six (6) day period shall be terminated.
It is understood that Mom 2 Mom Consignment, LLC is not restricting itself to the above rules and regulations. Additional rules and regulations, as dictated by the job, will be issued as needed.